Over the years we’ve picked up a lot of tips and tricks which make holding the perfect event as easy as 1, 2, 3! From the initial planning stages right through to the post-event feedback, we’ve got it all covered! Just for you we’ve created a list of easy to understand, no-hassle top tips to ensure your event goes as smoothly as possible. From IT events to product launches, these tips can be followed by anyone who wants to hold a successful, productive event. Follow these tips and there’s a good chance you’ll achieve everything you want from your event and much more!
1. Know your aim: Before you begin to even plan your event you need to work out what the aim of your event is. Work out what you want to achieve from your event and who you will invite. The aim of your event will ultimately play a part in the venue you choose and the type of people you invite. The aim of your event should also tie in with the goals of your event so it’s important to plan an event which will make it easy to achieve your goals.
2. Be realistic about your budget: On the back of the recession, money is tight for almost everyone which means it’s now more important than ever to formulate a budget and stick to it for an event. While it’s a good idea to keep costs as low as possible for your accountant, it’s imperative that you are realistic when it comes to your budget. Try to come up with a realistic figure and add about 10% on top of that as a contingency fund just in case something goes wrong.
3. Give people enough notice: When we say you need to give people enough notice we don’t mean give them a year’s notice. 6 months is about the right time for invites to go out, followed by a follow-up invitation 1-2 months before the actual event. This will act as a reminder to businesses and an RSVP slip should help you to work out figures closer to the event itself.
4. Rent equipment: Instead of purchasing equipment, why not consider renting it instead? Equipment like IT equipment and furniture can really help to cut costs and are the only viable solution for a one off event. Some rental companies even offer loyalty discounts for returning customers so it’s definitely worth bearing that in mind when searching for a supplier.
5. Follow-up after the event: It’s important to follow-up after the event to make your clients/attendees feel special. A simple follow-up email or note is more than enough and an effective follow-up correspondence could lead to a fruitful business relationship in the future.